Email sent to all supporting staff on November 5, 2020:
Dear Fellow Augsburg Union-Eligible Staff,
Just a quick reminder that we’re gathering via zoom tonight @7pm, for an update on our meeting with President Pribbenow today, and possible next steps. We also want to give ample time and space for your questions to be answered. Please register using this link to receive the zoom info.
We hope everyone can join us tonight for much more detail and discussion, but the quick update is the President indicated an openness to a fair process that does not involve the Trump-appointed National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). While we are disappointed that the administration declined to voluntarily recognize us, and has yet to formalize their agreement to a fair process that is timely and includes all the staff that have organized, we’re hopeful this is a first step in the right direction towards having our Union legally recognized. President Pribbenow committed to formalize his response by Wednesday, 11/11.
Additionally, the Echo published two relevant pieces in this week’s paper:
As always, please reach out with questions, concerns, or suggestions.
We look forward to seeing you this evening. Go Auggies!
Ongoing ways to support:
- Attend our “Shine a Light” Vigil at the Augsburg House on Tuesday, 10/11 5:30pm
- Download and use our Zoom virtual backgrounds for work meetings
- Keep up to date with the information and our actions on AugsburgStaffUnion.org and follow us on social media: facebook, instagram, and twitter pages
- If you have questions about the union, want to talk to a supportive colleague, or want to add your support by signing a Union Card, contact us at AugsburgS…@gmail.com
- Share our petition requesting voluntary recognition and our public endorsement form with your networks.