Are you interested in getting more involved with the Augsburg Staff Union? The Contract Action Team is recruiting:
Short term: Help us plan our next Town Hall lunch & learn!
Help the CAT prepare the next virtual Town Hall. This is a great chance to learn more about union bargaining, union issues, and get connected to fellow staff union members. Here’s the task:
- Meeting tonight on zoom, 6-7 pm. Click here to join the call!We will plan the next Town Hall: Seniority: What does it mean, how does it work, and what approach are we taking?
- Zoom Town Hall: October 20, noon-1pm.
New to Augsburg? New to Unions? Not so new, but haven’t attended a CAT meeting yet? NO PROBLEM! We will do some introductions at the start of the meeting. All are welcome!
Help us longer term: We also always welcome union members to join the CAT on a more regular basis. What does the CAT do?
- Communicates important bargaining information to union members.
- Plans events and actions for solidarity.
- Manages the Augsburg Staff Union social media accounts.
- Connects with unionized colleagues at other institutions.
- Builds solidarity with neighborhood community organizations.
- Reaffirms support for an Augsburg contract with Augsburg values!
Any and all union members can join the CAT. Just stop by our meetings to join–all taking place on Zoom from the convenience of your home/office/wherever! We typically meet on Tuesdays at 6 pm.
Other ways to help:There are many ways to get involved: help with social media posts, occasional phone banking or event planning, coming to socialize at Union Social Lunch on Wednesdays at noon in Murphy Square. Have another idea? Let us know!
See you at tonight’s CAT meeting!