The COVID-19 Task Force meeting was canceled for this week due to there being no MDH meeting. May 5th will be the next scheduled time that the task force will meet. However, here are the latest notes Rebecca John sent on community level tracking:
- As of Tuesday, April 26, cases in Hennepin and Ramsey counties are still in the low range per CDC (<200 per 100K population)
- Cases are still growing, but at a slightly lower rate this week.
- Case rates could move into the medium level by the end of the week.
- At the medium level, CDC recommends that people who are immunocompromised or at high risk for severe disease talk to a healthcare provider about whether they need to wear a mask and take other precautions.
- If the community rate moves to the medium level later this week:
- The April 30 Dashboard will report that change
- Messaging about the medium community level, with a link to the Dashboard, will be posted in A-mail and sent out via email early next week
- Augsburg will post signage at major events next week (commencement, Board Meeting, campaign kick off event) noting that the region is at a moderate level and those with high risks should consider precautions, including wearing a mask indoors or in crowded spaces
- Augsburg will not be implementing any new or additional mitigation protocols if/when the regional community rate moves to moderate. This is consistent with CDC guidance.
In the meantime, we set up a Google Form so Augsburg Staff Union members could state their questions or concerns to be addressed at the meeting. We did not receive any questions this week.Urgent questions related to COVID-19 should not be submitted via the Google Form, those questions should continue to be sent to email@example.com, calling 612-474-3100, and/or by using the Augsburg self-reporting form.
The staff union representative will continue to send weekly updates based on information gathered in the COVID Task Force meetings and questions asked in the google form.