Email sent to supporting staff on November 4, 2020:
Dear Augsburg Union-Eligible Staff,
During this challenging week of uncertainty, we’re so thankful for this community. Regardless of what happens over the next few days, we know that this union is what democracy looks like. Our union is real collective action that has the potential to bring about substantive changes in all our lives. We will win and we will make Augsburg a better place for all students, faculty, and staff alike.
The Augsburg Staff Union Organizing Committee would like to invite you to a campaign update and Q&A session, tomorrow, Thursday, 11/5 at 7:00 pm CST via zoom. Please register using this link to receive the zoom info.
On Thursday morning, members of our Organizing Committee are meeting with President Pribbenow. The purpose of the evening session is to share an update on that meeting, as well as next steps in our process to win recognition of our union and answer any questions from staff.
Please feel free to pre-submit questions by replying to this email to ensure your question is answered.
We hope everyone is taking good care of yourselves, colleagues, and loved ones during this challenging week. We’re looking forward to seeing all those who can attend tomorrow, and as always, please reach out with any questions, concerns, or suggestions.
Ongoing ways to support:
- Attend our “Shine a Light” Vigil at the Augsburg House on Tuesday, 10/11 5:30pm
- Download and use our Zoom virtual backgrounds for work meetings
- Keep up to date with the information and our actions on AugsburgStaffUnion.org and follow us on social media: facebook, instagram, and twitter pages
- If you have questions about the union, want to talk to a supportive colleague, or want to add your support by signing a Union Card, contact us at AugsburgS…@gmail.com
- Share our petition requesting voluntary recognition and our public endorsement form with your networks.