In the span of just two months our union has gone from an election victory to sitting down with administration. The Bargaining Team, which will meet with administration on March 9th, has written several strong proposals. We discussed a little about these proposals as well as other questions regarding the bargaining process at our last Town Hall yesterday.
We also discussed the importance of solidarity as we enter this phase of the campaign. It’s crucial that we are united and show our strength. An overwhelming majority of us voted to form our union and it has been exciting to see our support grow even higher since the election with many new leaders getting involved. We can all be proud of the unity we have built together.
Here’s how you can stand in solidarity with your colleagues:
- Use one of the new Augsburg Staff Union Zoom backgrounds in your meetings! They can be found on our website here in addition to a guide on how to change your Zoom background:http://augsburgstaffunion.org/change-your-zoom-background/
- Wear red, maroon, or Augsburg-related apparel on Tuesday,March 9th in solidarity with your colleagues on the bargaining team.
- Add a pro-union message to your email signature:
- I am a proud member of the Augsburg Staff Union
- I support an Augsburg Contract with Augsburg Values
We, the Augsburg staff union, are committed to a contract that reflects Augsburg values. The stronger and more unified we are, the quicker we win a favorable contract!
Interested in getting involved? Want to learn more about the bargaining process? Join the Contract Action Team! We meet Tuesdays at 6:30 pm.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you need any assistance in attending our Town Halls or CAT meetings.